Sunday, June 27, 2010

And I thought college visits were for high schoolers

So I think I might transfer...providing Oxford accepts me, that is. This morning, Steph, Chrissy and I decided to go on a day trip to Oxford in search of the perfect university sweatshirt. And to see the third oldest University in the world.

We started with lunch at the news café, a cute little café that was painted blue on the outside and inside had magazines and newspapers to read with pictures of people reading the newspaper all around. Then we set off exploring through the beautiful buildings. We quickly found a bookstore to buy our hoodies. And later we found the University press, where they have Oxford dictionaries…yes this is where they come from, amazing I know. We definitely had our geeky moments looking through the bookstore.

But the buildings were beautiful and around every corner we were gasping and wondering why it is we live in Indiana when places like this exist. It’s just crazy to think how long this place has been a University and even some of the shops said things like, “established 1736” – before our country even existed. I know this shouldn’t be new to me because this is how a lot of England and Europe is, but it just hit me again today.

1 comment: