Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heaven is the 4th floor of New Look Department Store

After work today, I came home to meet Chrissy and we ventured to Oxford Circus for some intense shopping. Oxford Circus is the Michigan Avenue of London, except better because there are so many more stores where I would actually buy things. Plus the British department stores are huge. They all have like 4 levels and sometimes a place to eat. New Look had a Starbucks in it and Topshop had an EAT. How Brilliant! Also, New Look may be the smartest store of all time. The entire 4th floor was shoes and purses. (I was in love) And there were giant high heel shaped chairs to sit in to try the shoes on.

Naturally, I bought a pair of shoes. I’m actually surprised I’ve gone this long without buying shoes. Plus….they’re only size 8 thanks to UK sizes.

Later, floor 5 and Stephen went for dinner with Lesa and Allen. We went to a Japanese Restaurant at St. Katherine’s Docks by the Tower of London. It was so good and so much food! My favorite was this duck mango and rice roll (it had a real name but I have no idea what that is) and the dessert – banana and chocolate rolls with blueberry ice cream. Kamilla and Caitlin order this “flowering” tea. It was literally a flower bud that when hot water was poured on it, it opened up and the water turned to tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment