Friday, June 4, 2010

British Treasures

Fridays mean class. But today, our teacher Keith wasn't there so we had a guest speaker and watched a movie.
The speaker was Tom Felton who is the cutest old man journalist ever. He was a foreign correspondent for almost 50 years and has been everywhere from the Middle East to France to Russia.He was really cool to hear from and made me wish I could have been a part of the old-school journalism days.
Then it was off to the British Museum. How overwhelming! It was filled with artifacts from all throughout history including mummies from Egypt and the Rosetta Stone. But my favorite part was actually outside the museum. It was a garden that was filled South African plants. Super Pretty!
Then it was off to Covent Gardens to buy last minute things for our trip to Rome! Which I leave for in about, oh four hours. Which also means that I can't blog until Monday.
So I'm off to Rome - land of the Romans & the Vatican!

No comments:

Post a Comment