Thursday, June 3, 2010

Walks through London

I love the randomness of the city. The way I seem to just become swept up in it. The sun was so bright and shinning so after dinner I couldn't help it and we decided to go for a walk, which turned into a walk, then a trip to the grocery store followed by singing.
What I love about London is how the old is mixed with the new. The buildings can be brand new or from the 1800s and right next to each other. So cool.

After work today, I was walking home and was stopped by a man who was leaving the tube station and he asked if I knew where St. Bart's Hospital was. I didn't and I told him sorry but no. (Imagine his surprise when he heard my American accent!) But the best part was just the fact that I was stopped on the street because looked like a true Londoner. It's a sign that I do fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment