Saturday, June 19, 2010

Check, check and check

Today, my to-do list loved me. My stomach however, did not.
It all began with a traditional English breakfast, item #1 checked off my oh-my-god-I-only-have-two-weeks-left list. Danielle, Biz and I went to a little cafe across from the print shop and asked for the traditional breakfast. We got toast, hash browns, bacon (aka fried ham), baked beans, sausage and a fried egg - all covered in a layer of grease. I ate almost all of it and walking to class, my stomach felt like it was one of those oil spill covered birds minus the feathers. So much grease!

During class we watched a documentary about secret CIA prison flights and the producer came in to talk with us about investigative journalism. She was great and talked about really going after the story - never take no for an answer and to "squeeze every opportunity like a lemon"

Class got out early so we could watch the US game for the world cup. A bunch of us went to a nearby pub ad watched the game. We had fun cheering with the British people next to us who were also cheering for the US. And the game was actually kind of exciting - which is saying a lot since I normally think soccer/football is boring.

Next we went to the London Eye. Although it was raining, we had a lot of fun and London is so pretty. I took so many pictures of Parliament and Big Ben because it's beautiful! Check - item #2

Danielle and I then took the tube to Victoria & Albert museum. Another amazing museum. We started off in the Grace Kelly exhibit and walked through to see all her dresses. Then it was the rest of the fashion display - including shoes! ekk! And the architecture display, which had models of things that we saw in Rome. Plus there was the nest of books. It was a staircase that turned, so like a spiral staircase with platforms, and all around it was books - 6,000 to be exact. We were in awe and the man who was in charge of the display knew it. Are you two avid readers? uh-huh we nodded.
so there was item #3 - check.

Now by this point it was close to 10 p.m. and I hadn't ate since breakfast. And when we got back to Farringdon and to the pub to meet Tom's girlfriend who is in town, we ordered drinks. Which wouldn't be bad - but I was starving and the kitchen was closed. So it was a trip to Farringdon grill for food and then off to pack for Dublin!

No comments:

Post a Comment