Sunday, May 16, 2010

Becoming a Brit

Today began my transformation into a Brit. Danielle and I went shopping and I bought a black jacket. It seems like everyone here wears a black fitted jacket or trench. So my boxy American safari jacket had to go. Although we have H&M in the States, it was the only place that fit my budget and I bought a few more things too. Today also lead to a grocery shopping trip so I could by more food since I was down to half a loaf of bread, a little peanut butter and a carton of frozen juice. (It was frozen because our 2nd fridge was too cold) also worked on my list of places to go on this trip. It’s nice to kind of know the area now so when I make the list it makes sense to me. Plus I’m becoming a master of the tube.
Then was a trip to the pub for Pimm’s. It’s so weird because on Thursday, after working three days, I couldn’t imagine taking a day off from work. Now I feel like I haven’t worked in years. We still have 2 more whole days off before work on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment