Thursday, May 27, 2010

Carrie Bradshaw. The London Version.

Sometimes, being a writer is powerful. And sometimes, it means you have really pretty shoes.

Example number one. The story I wrote at work yesterday had more 75,000 page views in one day. It was the second most viewed story on the site, on not a slow news day. I was so excited, plus even the news editor noticed and said something to me. It’s just crazy to think that 75,000 people saw the words I wrote.

Then I met Maggie and Amanda in Leicester Square for the premiere of Sex and the City 2. Although we got there late, we were able to push our way up to the second row and catch a glimpse of Mr. Big, Samantha, Charlotte and Standford’s boyfriend. It was mostly holding our cameras up in the air to snap pictures and then looking at the review. It was really cool to be at my first movie premiere, but I was surprised at how chill it was. The music wasn’t really loud and there wasn’t lots of screaming. It was mostly just when someone got out of one of the cars and as the guests became lesser known, the screaming was less and less subdued. But the shoes were amazing. But of course, it is a movie about Carrie Bradshaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment