Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Global City

Today was the most time I’ve spent in the flats since we got here. And by far the most expensive. After a trip to the bank and to top-up my oyster card for the tube (aka like the Chicago metro card), I spent the afternoon in flat 9 planning and booking my side trips. I am officially going to Dublin and Rome. I am so excited. It is so crazy that I was lucky enough to be here in London. But that I also get do go on the day trips and to Paris with Mom later. Plus Dublin and Rome. How exciting!

Dinner was the sushi conveyor belt at yo sushi before going to Oliver. Although this was another one were most of my knowledge came from Wishbone, I really loved it. The children were adorable and we wanted to take one home and keep him in our flat. (We’d return him at the end of the trip, of course.) Also, it’s set in London and I recognized St. Paul Cathedral in the skyline. It was so cool to already recognize things! Plus when I turned to tell Danielle that changed our conversation to – what are we going to wear to mass with the Pope? Will we see the pope-mobile? I can’t wait! But the thing I love about theater and musicals is that as cheesy as it sounds, I always have goosebumps at the end of the performance. It’s so crazy and wonderful. After the theater we went out for Danielle’s birthday, although we came back early because we all have to work tomorrow and the pubs close earlier on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment