Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fleet Street

Walking to work was so much less stressful today. Mainly because I knew how to get there. But the streets here still confuse me so much. I’m so glad it tells you on the roads what way to look (like literally on the street it says, look right or look left) because I would get hit by a car otherwise. Except I was surprised when today I was crossing the street with a walk light and a car was trying to turn. In Chicago or some other U.S. city, the car would still turn and the people would just have to wait. But here the car stopped for me! I was shocked.

At work today I learned a bit more and even posted a report I wrote to the web which was exciting! For lunch I went to this café and ate there but then when I went to pay, the man told me that they don’t accept cards. I didn’t know what to do – all I had was my card and some US cash. Thank god that he finally just took an American $10.
So after work I went straight to the bank to exchange some money. The first bank didn’t do exchanges, but they sent me to a bank down the road that did. So I now have pounds. Thank God. But I’m glad I went to the other bank because I was able to explore a little and see all the pubs and shops by my work. There’s even a bookstore that I think I will check out soon.

Later we went to David Boeyink’s favorite pub and where I had chips (aka pub French fries) and apple cider. Yum. I can’t believe tomorrow is Thursday already but I’m ready to do some exploring this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment