Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Like a movie scene

So I decided to bring my lunch to work today because it’s cheaper that way and I’ve been packing lunch a lot here and it’s sort of fun. I know it will get old fast at home, but I like to think that I will continue to pack lunches for the IDS in the fall. Anyway, during my lunch, I walked the 5 minutes up the hill to St. Paul’s Cathedral where I sat on the steps to eat. It was so nice to sit among the tourists and school groups and groups of business people as we all ate lunch or talked or just sat. There was something peaceful about it and it almost felt like it was straight from a movie.

But it was while I was sitting there that I realized how much more relaxed everything is here. I’m used to the constant work at the IDS, that having a lunch break is a luxury to me. And when I went back, I was told to take a longer break next time.
Although it’s a little strange to me, I’m going to try to embrace this lunch break thing. Maybe even read a book. After all, it is summer vacation too.

No comments:

Post a Comment