Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Internship Day 1

Today was my first day at my internship. I almost got lost. The thing about the streets here is that 1) the cars come from the other way so you have to look the other way to cross the street and 2) The street signs are on the buildings NOT the streets so that makes it a little harder. But I was able to find my way there with the help of a policeman.
The internship went really great. I think it will be a good summer. After work, I stopped at the grocery store to buy food for dinner because I just wanted to eat something warm. It is still so cold here. But after everyone came into my flat to chat after work - we decided to go to the store which then turned into just going to a pub for dinner instead.
At dinner we played a pub trivia game and we were very proud to say we didn't get last! It was a lot of fun though and we were happy to get the "American" questions right.

No comments:

Post a Comment