Saturday, May 22, 2010

Both hemispheres at the same time

Think hard back to the days of elementary school when we learned about longitude and latitude. Remember the Prime Meridian in Greenwich? I was there. I have officially stood in two hemispheres at once! Which I have to say, is way cooler than my daily time travel at home.

However, to get there we had to take more than the tube, we also had to take the DLR. On the way there, it was fine. We got there no problem. But on the way home, we may have lost Caitlin. We were standing on the Platform waiting for the doors to the train to open, when we realized we had to press the button to open the doors. So by time we did that, Caitlin was able to get on, but the rest of us didn’t make it. However, Caitlin had a really nice group of older people who were very concerned for her and she got off at the next stop and waited for us. And then on the tube back, we accidently got on the right tube – just going the wrong way. But we were able to get off and then get right tube home.

But in Greenwich, we explored and found the queen’s home and the royal navy academy, which were both beautiful. And this morning Danielle and I went shopping in Camden. It’s this huge market that’s open, 5 or 6 days a week. The clothes were really cute and they shops were great too. After a while the booths became repetitive but Danielle and I were able to score some good deals. We split a deal on posters and postcards and bought skeleton key necklaces-something I’ve wanted for a while. I also found my first market scarf for 5 pounds. I was so excited!

The market also had some great lunch deals. First I had my favorite: peach ice tea and then for 4 pounds we could get as much Japanese/Thai food we could fit in this container. It was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment