Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just around the Riverbend

Today I was determined to have an adventure. So after work I decided to see John Smith. As in John Smith from Pocahontas. I found the church he went to which was really cool. So not only was the church from the 1600s, but it also survived the Great Fire of London and the fires during WWII.

I’ve seen old churches before and as cool as they are, I was never so in love with them. But for some reason this church was extra cool. I think it was because it has been around so long and survived all those fires.

Which brings me to my next point, the British are obsessed with fire prevention. I haven’t had this much fire education since elementary school. When we first got here, they gave us a speech about fire safety in the flats. And then Melissa’s boss gave her three escape routes in case of fire. And then today again, I saw a fire truck outside the building. It’s a little excessive.

I also kept walking today and found St. Paul’s churchyard and a cute little cafĂ© nearby. That will be a much cooler place to eat at lunch then the tiny churchyard where I ate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment